Over the years, Folkecenter has worked with a considerable number of small wind turbine developers. This experience is summarized in our Catalogue for Small wind Turbines.
- Viking Wind testing wind turbine for Japanese marketAt the Test center for small wind turbines, which Nordic Folkecenter operates at Hundborg, the blades of a Viking Wind turbine spin diligently in the Thy wind. The turbine is in the process of being certified so that Danish Viking Wind, which is based in Randers, can gain access to the Japanese market.
- The ”secret” behind the success of Danish wind turbinesFor many Danes wind turbines is today something we take for granted when staring out the window. You might even say that wind turbines and their industry has become a part of Denmark’s and the Danes self-understanding as something special we as a green nation have contributed to the world. And it’s not entirely wrong to say. The world’s largest producer of wind turbines is situated in Denmark. But why is that, and how?
- Recycling of wind turbine bladesUp to 95 percent of the material and components in a modern wind turbine can be disassembled and reused. On the other hand, the wings, which typically consist of fiberglass held together by hardened epoxy glue, are difficult to separate. Therefore, in many places, old wind turbine blades are deposited indefinitely.
- The Proceedings for the 7th International Conference on Small & Medium Wind Energy are now available!We are glad to announce that the proceedings are now available online and they can be found here. So, in case you missed some presentation because of time-zones or if you simply want to review some information, don’t wait! Presentations and recordings are there, waiting for you!
- Nordic Folkecenter’s take on micro and mini wind turbinesThere is a lot of attention towards mini and micro wind turbines at the moment, and below we have collected some points about this type of wind turbine. Nordic Folkecenter has actually tested mini wind turbines several times.
- Catalogue for Small Wind Turbines is now Available FOR FREE!Nordic Folkecenter has, since many years, developed a catalogue of small wind turbines, where hundreds of models from all over the world are compared. The catalogue features also articles from world-wide known experts to help you understand which parameters are important when selecting a new wind turbine.
- Danmark sætter record: 1 kW/indbygger i vind!I år 2018 nåede Danmark en kapacitet inden for vindmøller på 1.000 Watt vindmølle kapacitet pr. indbyggere. Danmark er eneste land i verden med så høj kapacitet af vindenergi pr. indbygger. Preben Maegaard, medlem af bestyrelsen for SolarSuperState, ønsker at flere lande i Europa vil følge Danmark. Han udtaler: ”Hvad der er sket i Danmark kan også ske i andre Europæiske lande. Nu er det tiden at andre lande installere 1.000 Watt vind pr indbygger. Det vil betyde mange nye jobs i det enkelte land”.